- Hand cut, hand selected, and aged in house a minimum of 28 days by our master butchers.
- all natural, Pasture raised on family farms - Our Angus and Hereford Cattle are pasture raised and then fed a nutritious diet of locally grown alfalfa, corn and grains.
- Transparency – Mr. Steak features ONLY USDA graded Prime beef—the top 2-3% of all beef sold in the United States. Many of our competitors don’t even have their beef USDA graded, and instead try to pass it off as “premium.” But with Mr. Steak you’ll always be certain it is the highest possible quality.
- Local - All of Mr. Steak’s meats are sourced within a 250-mile radius of our home base in Nebraska. Keeping things local means closer relationships with ranches, fresher beef, and less impact on the environment.
- Family run – Mr. Steak is family owned and operated. In fact, Mr. Steak was started by a father and daughter team, Mick and Liz Scully, and is still run the same way today.
- Ethical and humane - Our facility was designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, an animal behavioral scientist celebrated for creating the utmost ethical and humane practices and techniques in the industry.
- Social Responsibility - For every box sold we donate a meal to hungry families in our community.
- Commitment to Sustainability - Our biodegradable cooler is made from Indiana grown corn, our box is made from recycled materials and our shipping is carbon neutral. Learn more
Mr. Steak is devoted to selling meats from ranchers who supply the country’s best steakhouses.- washington post
Mr. Steak meats are sourced from Midwestern ranchers that
supply many of the finest restaurants in America.
ERIC ANDERSON – ANDERSON FARMS
“I was still in high school when I began managing Anderson Farms near Sumner, Nebraska, with my grandfather. He instilled in me an understanding of how hard work brings great rewards. That’s the way my brother and I, along with our families, approach the operation today. We raise 190 head of Angus cattle, and we feed and market 500 head of non-hormone treated Angus cross cattle. We also farm 700 acres, which allows us to feed our cattle with our own corn silage and alfalfa. Managing both cattle and crops is hard work, but I believe that’s what it takes to bring high quality beef to market. We’ve done it for generations.”
ED SAGE – BAR STANDING S RANCH
“Raising cattle has been my family’s way of life for three generations. Since the beginning of the 1940’s, my family has done what they loved: farming and raising cattle. I am no exception to that tradition. I strive to produce high quality beef with superior Angus and Angus-cross genetics, and now more than ever, produce a safe and wholesome product for our consumers. I have faith in my product because when the calves are born, they are on my land and under my care until it is time for them to be taken to the packer. For my wife, my three children, and myself, raising cattle is what we love and we have made it a way of life.”
PAUL JOHNSON – RPJ CATTLE
“My brother and I are third generation ranchers that operate a cow-calf to finish operation south of Mason City, Nebraska. The ranch started when my grandparents lived in a sod house three miles north of my current home. It’s a tradition in our family to raise high quality Hereford and Black Angus-cross cattle. Our involvement in growing crops is also a family tradition. We raise just enough crops to keep the cattle healthy and fed. Our operation may be small, but with the help of my brother and both of our families, we’re proud to say that we’re carrying on the family tradition.”
Eco-driven and community focused – Mr. Steak is committed to the environment and our community. Our shipping is carbon neutral, our packaging is biodegradable, and for every box sold we donate a meal to local families in need. Learn more here.
We have partnered with Green Cell Foam and are committed to using their incredibly advanced, biodegradable coolers in every Mr. Steak meat box.
Meet Green Cell Foam, the most eco-friendly packaging available. Made from Indiana grown corn, Green Cell Foam is compostable, bio-based, and safely dissolves down your kitchen sink under running water. It’s also great plant food, a clean fuel source for your fire pit or charcoal grill!
Green Cell Plus takes 3-panel sections of Green Cell Foam and envelops them in a polyethylene film to provide an effective barrier against moisture and humidity. The plastic film is readily recyclable in most communities.
We’ve committed to offsetting each and every Mr. Steak box shipment. In order to do
this we have partnered with ‘The Cool Effect’ on a project that turns cow and other
animal waste into clean energy by using machines known as biogas digesters.
Improving the health of local communities
Biogas is a mixture of methane and CO2 that resembles propane and can be used in all the ways propane is used. Biogas needs a methane producing bacteria to be successful and these are found in animal waste, food scraps and sewage.
In this project, a biodigester is built below animal pens so that manure flows directly into a chamber. The waste naturally decomposes, producing methane gas that is piped to a cookstove inside the house as clean cooking fuel.
At the end of the process, the digester also produces a very effective organic fertilizer that can be directly applied to farm fields, creating a natural cycle of quality crops. Compost not only saves money on fertilizer for farming families, it also provides a source of income when extra compost can be sold.
For every Mr. Steak box you purchase we invest in this worthwhile program. This investment makes your box shipment 100% carbon neutral while supporting poor families around the world.
- Improves the health of local communities by creating a sanitation system that provides a waste collection point and increases agricultural productivity.
- Cuts the use of coal in households by 340,000 tonnes a year
- Provides clean, affordable and convenient cooking fuel
- Benefits 400,000 low-income rural households
- Generates extra income for families through savings on purchases of coal or firewood and the use and sale of self-produced organic fertilizer
- Provides jobs and financial support in a region with an average per capita income slightly more than US $400 per year
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by nearly 750,000 tonnes a year
Their focus on sustainability,
carbon-neutral shipping and community
outreach makes me feel incredibly good
about giving them my business.